Monday, March 30, 2009

weekend fun

My sister, her husband, and their kids came to town this weekend. She lives over 2 hours away in northern Iowa, and I don't get to see her nearly as often as I'd like to. We have a great relationship and talk on the phone at least once per week. They came to Des Moines to get away for a weekend and relax a bit. So Saturday evening, the adults enjoyed dinner at Johnnie's Italian Steakhouse. Gary and I love to eat there, and I think Lisa and Kelvin enjoyed their first dining experience there as well! It was just so nice to sit and chat uninterrupted. While we were doing that...


all 6 of the kids were at our house jamming out to Rock Band. They don't have that at their house, so this was a new experience for her kids. Even Lisa sang a little "Ballroom Blitz " when we got home! Here are Abby and Erika singing...

Allison on the drums...




Ryan taking his turn on the guitar...

and Bradley (I'll claim this one :)

I'm so happy my kids have cousins their age to play with. I grew up with only 1 first cousin who was over 5 years older than me. I did do quite a bit with her, but it would have been so great to have a slew of cousins to play with!
Bradley got some good news tonight. He passed his umpire quiz, so he is an official Carlisle Little League umpire now! He was quite excited! His first real job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment