Thursday, April 2, 2009

This post is way overdue...

I think I mentioned OVER A MONTH ago that we got to enjoy celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday with her (and no, this picture is not of my mother-in-law!!!) I never posted pictures from that night, so I thought I would tonight.

This adorable baby is Twister. Doesn't he look thrilled??? He belongs to Gary's Aunt Norma and Uncle Lynn. He wasn't too fond of being dragged out from underneath the bed (no need to mention who went searching for him), but once he was out, and the bedroom door was shut so he had nowhere to escape to, he enjoyed a little petting and playing!
Gary's mom with her cake (and in case you can't see the candles, they read 65!) Brennan couldn't resist getting in the pic too, as you can see.


Bradley and Grandma- I don't think that's the best picture of either one of them necessarily, but a cherished memory nonetheless.

After a delicious supper of tacos- Aunt Norma does 'em best- we played dominoes. We have been teaching Bren so he got in on the action too! Bradley's got a real scowly face here for some reason- not sure why? He was having fun too. It was a great night. We were glad to finally have a chance to get together!
In other news:
*my strep throat is finally getting better. I have hardly had a voice all week, and today is the first time I'm feeling good. This one really wiped me out!
*Tomorrow I sub in high school math- Statistcs and Calculus no less. This ought to be interesting. I sure hope this teacher doesn't plan on me knowing any of that!
*I just got assigned another RBP lesson. I have my first deadline on Monday, and thankfully I have already got most of that part done. I hate procrastinating until the end, but sometimes the ideas just aren't flowing. I take that back. Actually I can think of ideas, but often times I think they're not good enough. I'm always striving for something better which results in me thinking about it all of the time. I have a hard time turning it on and off at the right time. Balance has been a struggle with this writing process for me.
*The weather here has been crappy lately. 60 degrees one day, and 30, wind, and snow flurries the next. It's crazy. I am SO ready for spring. My tulips are emerging from the ground. I planted tons of them this fall. I'm so anxious to see all of the color they'll bring!
*We were supposed to go to a youth retreat with Bradley this weekend, but due to lack of interest it got cancelled. So I've got a little extra time on my hands this weekend, which is nice! DAV is coming to my house on Monday so I want to do a little cleaning and sorting and give them plenty to haul away!
Well that's enough rambling for now. Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment