Thursday, April 23, 2009

new carpet!

I am surrounded by a complete mess- but it will be worth it when it's done. Today and tomorrow we are getting all new carpet in the house. The guys are working as I speak. We had to do half of the upstairs and half of the downstairs today (so we could move all of our stuff into the other half) and then tonight after Bradley's track meet, we'll put all of that stuff back and move the other stuff so the rest can be done tomorrow! Gary and I were up til midnight last night getting all of the old carpet ripped up. Our upstairs carpet was replaced after we moved in, so it was less than 10 years old, however the downstairs stuff had been there a long time. It wasn't the original we discovered (this house was built in 1971), but it was old. I was completely mortified and disgusted to see the amount of dirt/sand/residue underneath the pad. Gross!! Now I can completely understand why people with allegies need hard wood floors! It is nasty to realize what lurks beneath your carpets! So that has kept us very busy this week along with just life itself. I've been tutoring tons, sat out in a cold windy track meet Monday night, but thankfully today's meet will be sunny and 80!!! Bradley will be doing more events today since it's just 7th graders against each other, so I'm planning on taking the camera and will hopefully get some good shots.
Well I need to run and errand or two before my haircut today. Tomorrow I head to Davenport for sister's weekend! I am so ready!!
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment