Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm ready for spring!!!

Just thought I'd share a layout I did actually a few years back, but it gets me in the mood for nice weather! I love lilacs, always have. They remind me of my mom. Growing up, we had a lilac bush and she always cut them and brought them into the house and placed them in a vase. She loved them too. When we lived in Ankeny, the neighbors had a lilac bush which was right outside my kitchen window. We had a church diagonal from us, and I have fond memories of washing my dishes (well that wasn't the fond memory) in front of that window in early June, inhaling the sweet smell of that blooming lilac bush while listening to the vacation Bible school kids playing games out in the church yard. Ahhh...... My dad brought me a starter lilac bush when we moved into our house here, however we put it in a place that didn't get enough sun, so it never took off. That makes me sad.
A few years ago I first discovered "lilac park" here in Des Moines. Nothing but lilac bushes for as far as you can see!! I wish I had a wide angle lens to really capture it! I'm looking forward to visiting it again in another month or so. Anyway, I took this picture of Brennan experiencing lilac park for the first time.This was before he was even in kindergarten.



Here's to warm weather and spring around the corner!
Toodles!

1 comment: