Thursday, March 26, 2009

scrappiness...

I had an unexpected evening free last night- a couple of tutoring students cancelled- so I spent the evening in my scrap area. I began working on Brennan's sports album. I have a running baseball album for Bradley that I update after each season. I began his during his first year in the minors. He was 8 years old and looked so little. I love the progression of the album to see how he's grown and matured with each year. I will have to photograph it sometime to share. Anyway, I haven't done anything for Bren yet, so I decided I better get started! I will soon be snapping more baseball pics as the season opener is only a few weeks away. So I got a couple of pages done in that.

This layout was actually completed a few weeks ago. This is Gary with all of his cousins on the Hydorn side. This picture was taken at his grandma's funeral last month. I LOVE this Making Memories paper! It's one of my latest favorites. Again, excuse the poor pictures. I even tried to lighten them up in my Corel program, but they still seem a little dark (probably because I haven't figured that whole program out yet either!).
I love to enlarge these action photos, and this was one of my favorites of Bradley from last season. One of Gary's favorite phrases of encouragement during a game is to yell at Bradley to "throw the heat Buddy." This background paper is also new, and I love that grid pattern! Some people have a lot of Christmas paper or Disney paper, or baby paper. I scrap A LOT of baseball so I have about every paper and embellishment they come out with. After awhile they all start to look the same, but these new papers are great!


The embellishments are from the Zach's Life line.

I'm also loving these puffy letters by MM right now. They were also used in the title on the Cousins page.



I have already posted this picture on my blog, but was dying to do a layout documenting it. You probably have to click on the image to see it more closely and to be able to read the journaling. It is kind of an ecclectic page with all sorts of stuff on it. Not usually my style, but I like how it ended up coming together. I have begun trying to use up little leftovers. I found a tiered stand at Big Lots for $8 a couple of months ago. When I have a little leftover embellishment, ribbon, a scrap of patterned paper or something, I put it in that stand. It sits right on my table so I can readily see it. The ribbon, the journaling paper, and all of the embellishments in the upper right corner all came out of my basket! I was so proud to be able to use those things up!





1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo jealous! I want to scrap with you so bad. I have been moping around today because I have done nothing but chores: laundry, cleaned bathroom, cleaned fish tank, fed kids, played boardgames with family (that was fun, but not what I had planned) cleaned up after kids, bathed kids... I was ready to celebrate completing my deadline. I wanted to do something FUN that I wanted to do. Oh well, time to get my Sunday School & children's church lessons gathered and ready to go. So much for MY Saturday. (ha - that was a joke) I want a GIRLS DAY!
    BTW your layouts are lovely. You really have a knack. I'm not sure I will ever learn that. I wish I could. But I don't even do decorating. Oh well, I still like preserving my photos and memories and thats what counts. I also I like this blog thing. Its fun to look back on daily life. LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete