Sunday, March 22, 2009

spring break recap





I'm still here. I've thought about posting several times, however just not gotten around to it. I really like to add pics to my posts, so I had to get those downloaded first.





Anyway, the boys just finished up spring break, and it was great. I could use another week.



Monday we (or I) slept in. I think the boys get up even earlier on days off to enjoy the day to its fullest! After lunch we went shopping. Baseball cleat shopping, golf shoe shopping, baseball and golf glove shopping, etc. So obviously it wasn't hard to get the boys to go! We made a stop at TCBY, one of my FAVORITE places, for white chocolate mousse yogurt. I get that every time. The great thing is now they have a few sorbets so Brennan can have something non dairy there when we go! We also rode our bikes to the park a few times this week as that is one of Brennan's favorite activities.




Tuesday Bradley had a golf tee time with his friend Brady. I drive the cart (one of my favorite things!), Bren went along to watch, and the boys enjoyed 18 holes. It was a GORGEOUS day! That afternoon someone came to measure for carpet. We are getting new carpet in a month! I can't wait. Our downstairs stuff is old and has never been replaced so it's high time! Bradley also had a friend stay overnight, and they spent much time talking to girls on the phone and Facebook. Ugh...we've entered that stage.




Wednesday was work at home day for me. I painted my tutoring room over the weekend, and so I spent the day moving all of the furniture back in place, organizing, going through files, etc. This was a job that needed attention for a long time, and still isn't done, but I made progress on it. I REALLY like how the room came together, colors and all, and will post those at some point. Bren tried to get a friend to spend the night but couldn't get a hold of his two buddies that he wanted.


a sneak peak of the new tutoring room (and the mess I was tackling on Wed.)





Thursday was golfing again. The boys wanted to go to Grandview golf course this time, and Bren decided to golf instead of watch. I, of course, got to do my thing! It was a little chillier this time, but if the sun's shining, who cares? We went out to dinner as a family to CiCi's Pizza that eve. and headed home for basketball. March Madness is in full force around here. I usually fill out a bracket, but I didn't this time. Bradley has filled out numerous ones, and is in pools on line in different spots, so he's pretty obsessed with the whole thing right now. Last I knew he was in first place in one pool, so he must be doing pretty well!



the golfers


the crazy cart driver



Friday was a pretty difficult day. I can't really go into detail, but I had to give a deposition, which I was not looking forward to. It has caused a great deal of stress before and after the fact, and I'm trying to just put it all behind me. Gary got to be with me, so I was so thankful for his support. Then I went back to Farm Bureau with him to see where he works and meet some of his coworkers. I had not been out there yet. It is so nice! We went to McDonalds for lunch together, and then I had a few hours of retail therapy after the morning. I got some new spring things. That evening we headed down to Corydon for a quick visit to his parents. They took us out for dinner at CJ's, a restaurant we really like there. Then we just relaxed for the next 24 hours. It was nice!
Grandma and Grandpa doing a puzzle with Bren.


We enjoyed eating lunch on the deck Saturday.






Today was church and napping by me, laundry by my sweet husband, playing with friends for Bradley, and playing the Game Boy for Bren. Gary is leading our small group tonight as the leader is out of town, and then it will be time to gear up for the week ahead! I start a new tutoring student this week, so I need to prepare for that.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's been a wonderful spring break for you. This week will be like spring break for me as I've had a project hanging over my head for the past 3 weeks that I FINALLY got done yesterday. I just don't know why I put things off until the last minute like I do. So I'm spending this week getting my house in order and possibly cleaning the garage. That's my favorite thing to do. I am looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday morning as it'll have been 3 weeks since I've seen you.

    ReplyDelete