Wednesday, February 4, 2009

some good quotes for today...

I love quotes. I collect them. In the back of my Bible study notebook I have a section just for quotes that I love. I have made a flip book that resides in my tutoring room with some favorites. I have them plastered on the cupboards of my scrapping area. I have signs hanging around my house with them on it. They inspire me, make me think, and make me laugh. I got a daily calendar from a tutoring student a few years ago that had some great ones in it. So today, I thought I'd post a few.


"ADOLESCENCE IS THE TIME OF LIFE WHEN A YOUNGSTER IS WELL INFORMED ABOUT ANYTHING HE DOESN'T HAVE TO STUDY" ANONYMOUS


"GOOD TEACHING IS MORE A GIVING OF RIGHT QUESTIONS THAN A GIVING OF RIGHT ANSWERS" Josef Albers


RUDENESS IS THE WEAK MAN'S IMITATION OF STRENGTH" Eric Hoffer



"ROLE-MODELING IS THE MOST BASIC RESPONSIBLITY OF PARENTS. PARENTS ARE HANDING OUT LIFE'S SCRIPTS THAT, IN ALL LIKLIHOOD, WILL BE ACTED OUT FOR THE REST OF THEIR CHILDREN'S LIVES" Stephan Covey



"GREAT MINDS DISCUSS IDEAS-
AVERAGE MINDS DISCUSS EVENTS-
SMALL MINDS DISCUSS PEOPLE" Eleanor Roosevelt


I'll stop there for today. I have come across several great ones from Eleanor Roosevelt. I would love to read more about her life. That needs to be one of the biographies I need to read this year. BTW, I have one book read so far in 2009- good for my goal, however a classic, it was not. Last night I began reading The Secret Garden. Hopefully I can finish a couple of books in February now that I don't have a writing deadline.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment