Friday, February 13, 2009

I am going to scream...

My patience is running out... and I'll give you one guess as to what has caused this
































No, it's not my kids (although they're not helping- I've told them to stop wrestling I-don't-know-how-many-times and they seem to always do it while I'm trying to watch a tv show or concentrate on something. My real frustration is with the computer of course.


I have been making an effort to really try to keep my pictures more organized. I was trying to edit some shots I recently took, and every time I tried to open up Corel and upload a pic, it shut down. GRRRR..... Then I was trying to use a digital collage template and make a collage with the layers, etc. Couldn't figure that out. GRRRRR...... Then I decided to put a new banner on the blog with a recent favorite picture of my husband and I. You see that line across it? (update- you don't see the line anymore because I downloaded the pic again from my camera and started all over- that was going to drive me crazy if I left it that way!) I get a half ruined picture here and there after I upload onto my computer. It's not there on the camera, but at least 4 of my pictures tonight got ruined, this one being one of those. Of course it never happens to a picture that I don't really care about. It's always a good picture that gets ruined. GRRRR..... So this post was going to be a happy one, but sorry, that ship has sailed. And to top it off we have 7 NEW INCHES OF SNOW. GGGRRRRRRRRR...................................... Just when it had all melted away. Why, oh why, do I live in Iowa? We were supposed to go see the movie Fireproof at our church tonight, a nice little date with my husband, but the weather has once again, gotten in the way of that. He's been out snowblowing all evening.


Ok, enough griping. I'm sure you've heared enough.


Grandma's funeral was yesterday. All went well, and we are so thankful we had a beautiful sunny day in the 40's. I can't imagine if the weather would have been like today's. The service was very touching, I think. There was a small child crying and fussing through much of it which I thought was extremely rude and disrespectful (that he wasn't taken out) so when I could concentrate, I know the gospel message was clearly given. It was wonderful to see family that we hardly ever see, especially several of Gary's cousins from farther away. We shared some wonderful memories of Grandma. She will be dearly missed.


I subbed today in 7th grade math. I really enjoy being at the middle school- a bit less stressful than elementary usually. Tomorrow Bradley was to have a basketball tourney, but it got cancelled so all we have on the agenda is Bren's basketball game at 3. I love Valentine's Day. It probably ranks as favorite holiday #2 (behind 4th of July). I don't feel like I've hardly had time to do some fun little stuff for my family like I usually do, with the week we've had. I remember my mom used to make red cake on V Day and I loved it. I made one once and no one ate it, so I doubt I'll make one again, even though I'd love to. Because I know who would end up eating it all (and I so don't need that!).


Now I'm rambling- I'll leave you with a couple pics, and maybe by tomorrow, my mood will be better!


Toodles!
(Taken at Grandma's funeral)




Gary's whole family- his parents, brother and his wife, and their 3 kids

No comments:

Post a Comment