Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Did you know...

that the words LISTEN and SILENT have the same letters just in a different order? You may not think that's a big deal, but I think that's kindof ironic. So many times I think we think we are truly listening, whether it be to our mates or our children, a friend, or the Lord, but often we are not being silent in the process. We are getting ready to respond, react, or try to tell them what we want to say. When was the last time you truly listened to someone, without having your next sentence formulated already? When was the last time you were silent and took it all in when having a conversation with someone- not just their words, but their tone, gestures, body language, and demeanor? Maybe that's not hard for you, but I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I know it's something I need to work on-especially with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment