Thursday, April 24, 2008

Long time, no post

I actually started one the other day- in fact I had quite a bit done, and was trying to attach a picture and couldn't for some reason, so I ended up chucking the whole draft. ARGHHHH!!!! I get so frustrated when I'm trying to learn something new and can't figure it out!

So here is what's been going on in a nutshell the last couple of weeks...

* I got a new cell phone, and I love it! It's a US Cellular LG so it has a music player on it, and finally I have a phone with a camera! I actually did figure out how to get some tunes on that last night, but then when I went to put the chip back into the computer to load some more songs, my computer wouldn't even recognize the chip! So I have to try and mess with that again today.
* I got to scrapbook all day last Friday. I went to a crop at church, and had a wonderful time meeting and getting to know some fellow scrappers.
* I exercised 5 times last week. Count them- FIVE! I think that's an all-time record for me. However this week, that number is at 0- so far. That is next on my agenda today.
* Bradley finally got to play a baseball game after having several rained out. He played a double header in Fort Des Moines, and they won both. He is starting off much better with his hitting (last year his hitting wasn't so great) and almost hit one over the fence!! Brennan still hasn't played a game, and it's not looking good for this weekend either since it's supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow.
* I did try a new recipe- pizza meat loaf. My family does not like meat loaf, however I thought maybe if I disguised it with pizza sauce and pepperonis it might fly, but I was wrong. That recipe got taken out of the file and pitched as I don't see me making it again.
*Gary's Uncle Larry was brought up to Mercy with heart issues, and ended up having two stints put in. Thankfully he is recovering now. That same day, Doyle's Uncle Dee passed away at Mercy hospital.
* I am beginning to get my summer schedule figured out. I can't believe that is just weeks away!
* I have been helping Mady put together a little scrapbook of her prom pictures. We have been using lots of glitter and bling, which I absolutely love! It's been great fun, and it turned out really cute!
* I raked leaves and cleaned out flower beds last weekend when it was actually nice. The fertilizer is down as well, so now we just need it to dry out enough, and I'm ready to plant some pretties!

That about sums it up! Today is rainy and yucky, so hopefully I will get something done. I seem to drag a little more on these kinds of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment