Saturday, April 12, 2008

Been working on...


creating a new recipe file for the last couple of weeks.
Although I don't seem to cook as much as I'd like to
I really seem to enjoy accumulating recipes. I have
subscribed to several cooking magazines throughout
the years, and after I go through them, I cut out the
recipes I'd like to try. I will often ask others for good
recipes brought to get-togethers, etc. and my husband
is great to ask for a recipe from a coworker who has
brought something yummy to share. So all of those
recipes have been tucked into a folder which is now
bulging at the seams. So I knew I needed to do
something. I saw this binder at Target, and thought
it was absolutely adorable and wanted to use it for
a project, and thought it'd be perfect for this. I bought
the adorable dividers as well (I will post pics of the
inside soon- I'm still putting finishing touches on it).
It took quite awhile to go through all of the recipes, and
weed out a bit. Some I've tried, but weren't worth
saving, some were very similar, and some I'd had for
several years and never tried, so I figured I probably
never would! Then I divided them up into categories,
and went through each one and straightened up the
edges with my paper trimmer. Most I had just quick cut out with scissors, and they were all jagged. I'm a bit anal about straight edges! Some of these recipes have been quickly written down on scraps of paper and some of the well-used ones have been spilled on and smudged, so my next task is to rewrite some of these on recipe cards. Then I want to add some cute "scrappy" final touches, and the project will be completed!
In other news, opening ceremonies and the boys' first ballgames were cancelled this weekend. The weather has been just awful- it even snowed today! So my boys are freezing in their little turkey blind. They have one more day for Bradley to hopefully get a bird! They did see 18 of them the other night, but Bradley was facing the wrong direction to be able to get a shot. Figures. Brennan and I stayed in today except for getting his baseball pictures taken. He played Guitar Hero, we ate corn casserole (his favorite meal), and have played a few rounds of Boggle. That is his new favorite game, and I love how wonderful it is for spelling and vocabulary development. I play Boggle with my tutoring students quite a bit. I also worked on my recipe notebook and finally got the hall closet cleaned. I have needed to do that for weeks, but just kept putting it off. Tomorrow we will go to church and probably stop at McDonalds for lunch. I'm trying to spoil Brennan a little since Bradley gets to do something special with Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment