Monday, March 31, 2008

Random stuff

Seems like the weekend flew by, as they all do. This weekend I

*met my sister and her kids at their motel in Pleasant Hill and got to spend time with them.
*went to a birthday party for our friends' 2 year old son
*think I finally got the boys outfitted for baseball-lots of stuff to get!
*did several loads of laundry
*went to church
*got our 12 year old to swallow a pill (finally!!!)
*removed pictures from 2 magnetic albums and sorted them in picture boxes
*made a new recipe (peanut butter cake with peanut butter frosting)- it looked so good, but was a little on the dry side
*started reading a book by Gracia Burnham-she's coming to our church to speak in May, and I was so excited to find her book at the 1/2 Price Book Store. She and her husband were captured and held hostage in the Philippine jungles for over a year. In the end, her husband was killed. In the Presence of Thine Enemies was her first book about their hostage experience. In To Fly Again, the book I just got, she talks about how she has coped after the tragedy.
*took a nice long Sunday afternoon nap

And now I'm back to just trying to keep my head above water...

No comments:

Post a Comment