Thursday, October 8, 2009

my fur babies

I'm procrastinating right now. I should be working on church stuff, but my eyes are tired, and I don't feel like it. I don't have any tutoring students on Friday, so after I finish with my last one on Thursday night, I feel like the weekend has arrived. Most of the time I sub on Friday, but tomorrow my sister is coming down from St. Ansgar and I get to spend the day with her. I can't wait! I don't get to see her nearly enough!
Love, love, love my kitties! I would easily have several more if my husband would allow it. I talk to them as much as I talk to my children. I call them my kids, and I pick them up and pet them whenever I pass by them. They don't always appreciate it, especially Oreo. Last weekend, Brennan and I went to a cat show at the Fairgrounds, and we loved seeing all of the different breeds and getting to pet several of them. I discovered that I need a Somali cat. I read a brochure about them, and they are loving, affectionate, and want to be in their human's business. They adore attention, and don't like to be left alone. That is exactly the kind of cat for me! Although Maizy does follow me around quite a bit, she's moody and has her moments. Oreo's motto is "how can you help me today?" He's pretty much about himself. But I love em anyway!
Boxes- we love boxes! None are too small- in fact, the tighter the quarters, the better!




I don't think Oreo was enjoying this bonding time with Brennan in the laundry basket!


Although Oreo pretty much tolerates the rest of us, he does love his Bradley- and a nice soft white fuzzy blanket!


We often call Maizy "the supervisor" as she must inspect things and know what's going on with the family at all times!





Nothing like a hard-as-a-rock-uncomfortable stereo to lull one to sleep! Nighty night!


2 comments:

  1. I love your photos, Kate. Love that I can click on it and make it larger too and see all of the detail! Great photos! The intensity on Bradley's face is priceless! You can tell he plays to win. Love it.

    I also talk to our pets during the day. It's just us so why not. Wilson gets most of my words since he responds much more than Cody cat. Wilson will turn his head slightly like he really understands what I'm saying and he can be bribed with treats. And he will follow me everywhere, every second of the day! He is truly my shadow and for a people person . . . it's heavenly! I just love our dog (I can't believe I'm typing this since I'm a cat person at heart --- weird).

    Tracy (keep posting, Kate)

    ReplyDelete