Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday

Back from a great weekend
* 48 hours with my best friend who I only see a couple of times a year
*great food- Steak and Shake (tried the carmel apple malt- it was AWESOME!) and Dynasty China buffet (our husbands aren't fond of Chinese so it's a must during our weekends
* a superb nap after said Steak and Shake meal
*scrapbooking
*numerous episodes of King of Queens watched on the laptop and much laughing/line quoting (it's our favorite show)
*2 great nights of sleep
*awesome memories

I came home to an empty dirty laundry bin, clean bathrooms, and vacuumed carpets. My husband took care of everything, and I so appreciate the time away. I think my guys missed me, however Bradley did say he liked Dad's meals better (hot dogs, pizza) because mine usually involve something healthy : )

Busy week ahead- Bradley had a football game tonight almost an hour away, and then I had to race back to tutor. Although we got killed, Bradley scored a touchdown and the extra point. He had a good game, and I got some pictures that hopefully will get posted soon. Tomorrow he goes to the ear/nose/throat dr. He still has a tube in his ear (placed when he was 4 years old) and now it has scar tissue growing over it so it needs to be removed. Bradley has another game on Thursday (his last one), Race for the Cure on Saturday, and an open house Sunday afternoon. In between all of that, lots of tutoring is going on. I started coming down with a cold on Saturday, and raced out quickly to get some zinc. I've been pumping that for the last two days and hoping it will ward it off. Feeling a little droopy today, but I'm going to try to get to bed at a good time each night. I am pumping vitamins down all of us to try to avoid this nasty flu bug that's going around. So many people are sick right now. Brennan told me that about 7 kids were out in his class today.

I have one more pumpkin recipe I'd like to share, but I want to make it first! If it's good, I'll post.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you stay well, Kate! Get lots of rest and drink lots and lots of water!!!! I'm still coughing, coughing, coughing and hoping it doesn't turn into something else. I've heard that where the problems come in -- it's the after part of H1N1. And we're in the "after" part now. Ugh! Glad you had a nice weekend with your good friend. Sounds like a fun time, especially to come home to no laundry and a clean house! Well, I'm off to take a hot bath and go back to bed and it's 10AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was Anonymous was me, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you! Love our precious time together! Hope the zinc does the trick. I'm gonna try to get some of that vitamin D. (Shoot - wouldn't need the vitamin D if I had SUN!!!!)

    ReplyDelete