Wednesday, January 21, 2009

oh my- where have I been?

This post is way overdue. I've had it on my list to blog several times, but it never quite happened. Getting things accomplished lately has been tricky. So I'll just update recent events in list form.

1. My exciting news that I mentioned several weeks ago- Gary started a new job! He is working at Farm Bureau. He is still in Accounting as he was at Praxair but has gotten a pay increase, which is awesome! He started Monday, and so far, seems to like it. He's been in training the last couple of days. It takes him about the same amount of time to get to work, but he goes in the opposite direction. The facility is huge and beautiful. They have a fitness facility and full cafeteria, and after coming from a warehouse type building, this is a big switch! I'm so happy for him, and thankful for a job in this economy, let alone a pay raise. We feel blessed.
2) Bradley is home today with the stomach flu. He began feeling yucky last night, and then things got worse from there. So neither one of us got much sleep last night. On top of that, both of us went to the Dr. 2 weeks ago, and both had a sinus infection. We both got antibiotics. Mine cleared up nicely. He is still struggling with congestion and drainage even after his ten days of antibiotics. So it's back to the Dr. with him tomorrow. Poor thing.
3) I started Boot Camp last night. I signed up for an 8 week exercise class here in Carlisle. I am definitely sore today! We use weights, mats, and do lots of cardio. I'm hoping to lose a few pounds and inches in the process.
4) We made it through a deep freeze last week. It got to about 20 below actual temp. with windchills in the negative 40 range. I realized that I did not go outside of Carlise from Sunday night until the next Saturday morning when I went grocery shopping etc. The boys didn't have school on Monday or Thursday, so last week was really messed up. I had been SO tired for a couple weeks before that. I think it's the sinus infection. And with Bradley sick this week, it's been hard to get back into a routine. Besides, I just don't seem to have a lot of motivation.
5) I've had a writing deadline each week in January. My last lesson is due Jan. 27, and I haven't really started that one. I will be ready to finish it up and move onto other things that are needing attention- mainly the house needing cleaned from top to bottom.
6) I am planning to paint Brennan's room and my tutoring room over the next couple of months. Brennan is really getting into the Hawkeyes, and since Bradley got his Cyclone room, I'm going to change the taupe and red in Bren's room to black and white. Then we'll accent with the Hawkeye stuff he's been collecting. My tutoring room is a lovely shade of yellow (corn cob yellow as Gary calls it) but I'm ready for a little change there. Paint is such an inexpensive way to spruce things up, and I like to mix it up every now and then! I don't like the same old-same old. So hopefully I can get started on Bren's room after the writing deadline, and I plan to paint the tutoring room over spring break. I was recalling that last spring break Gary and I painted the entire living room, entry way, hallway, and downstairs. That pretty much consumed the week. Thankfully my tutoring room won't take that long!!!!
7) Well it's off to work on laundry and try to get motivated to accomplish something besides lying in the sun and basking. The cats and I often fight for the sunny spots in the afternoon! I WANT SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friend, Well, in case you didn't see the e-mail yet, I have entered the blogosphere. Yes, I started my own. It is VERY minimal right now because I don't know how to do anything. I want pretty pictures and fun layouts like you have. Any help would be much appreciated, maybe give me a call and you can walk me through it. How do I "link-up" with you?
    Congrats on the exercise class - I'm impressed! Good for you! I have been doing Weight Watchers (and attending meetings) since the beginning of the month. I have been exercising faithfully - really focussing on my abs and upper body strength. My motivation has been Trent's show. Since I have to run the "fly" for him, I have to be able to lift and hold his weight on the pulley system. They say in takes strength and endurance. So, the show is in six weeks and I intend to give it my best effort. It is nice to have something to work towards.
    Love You, Dawn

    ReplyDelete