Sunday, January 25, 2009

Big Fat (Precious) Tub of Lard

I am not the only one around this joint that needs to lose some weight. The petite, once-runt of the litter has gotten ginormous.! She loves to eat, and doesn't like to exercise! (I wonder who she takes after????) These pictures only magnify her ginormacy (is that even a word?) but there's no real slimming pose for her anymore. But she's cute, sweet as ever, and I love her to pieces!



She loves her Brennan and the feeling is mutual!
Nothing exciting to report here. I don't even have any new photos to post, except for some basketball shots of the kids in a horribly lit gym that are mostly blurry- so I can't say I'm overly excited about them. I'd have to say that a gymnasium is the hardest place to get a decent picture.
I'm sick- AGAIN! and getting rather tired of it, I must say. I got over this sinus infection less than two weeks ago, and now I've got a bad cold. I stayed home from church this morning and evening, and in fact, am still in my pj's as of 7:15 PM. Why bother changing now? I do have to sub tomorrow so I was hoping that the extra rest today would help.
I have my last writing deadline due on Tuesday, and I just e-mailed it off!!! Yeah! It's always a big weight off my shoulders when I'm done with it. It reminds me of college days when I had papers due- always something looming on the horizon. Now if I could get to feeling better, I might be able to accomplish some things! I think I'm in need of some good vitamins or something.
Work is going well for Gary so far. He seems to be liking it, and he has begun running on the indoor track they have. He used to run 2 miles per day at lunch time at Praxair, but there was no track there so he only did that when the weather was nice. Families, I guess, can use the facility too, so I'm anxious to go see it and try it out!
I have survived two nights of Boot camp and I'm happy to say my muscles aren't nearly as sore as they were on day two through four. I don't think my muscles have ever hurt like that (and in places I didn't even think muscles existed!) I was hoping to work out at least once this weekend but with the way I'm feeling, that hasn't happened and won't.
Well I suppose I should go throw Bradley's ball uniform in the wash machine. At least today he told me he needed it washed by 5:30 instead of the typical 9:30 PM and it needs to be washed by the next morning. I got ample notice tonight! Gotta love a teenager!
Well, hopefully my next post won't bore you to death. Maybe I'll get my camera out and start taking some pics. I could take pics of the 3 additional inches of snow we got last night, but quite frankly, I'm bored of that sight. I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH... I feel better. I have been a bit of a grump lately. Just ask my dear sweet husband. Nothing that a week in the tropics couldn't cure!
Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. I love blogging now! I check yours everyday! I'm glad you were able to find that website that Debbi got me to use for my blog. So many backgrounds, so little time! The bacdground you chose is so YOU - nice vintage BLING.
    Speaking of checking your blog... I want to become a "follower" of your blog but you don't have the widget enabled that allows followers. Do you not want followers?
    Sorry you are sick again. Grant and Trent have a new round of head cold...lots-o-snot! In fact, Grant never got over the asthma cough from his pnuemonia and now he has snot dripping every where. I think I will adopt your motto: I HATE WINTER!
    I am dead serious friend, lets retire together in Florida. Let's be professional beach combers together. Notice, I put a picture of us in Florida at the top of my blog? That's because I dream of being there everyday. I am so sick of being cold. I could not get warm yesterday. I slept on the heating pad for a few hours last night because I was shaking so bad. Our house is set on 68, so its not that bad. I just get chilled and can't warm up.
    I am working like a dog on my stuff. I have two weeks to finish 11 lessons and the student books. I know what you mean about feeling like you are in college with a paper hanging over your head. I think Alex feels that way continuously. He has just accepted it as a way of life.
    Actually, I just finished my 2-year round of Pre-Primary. It is completely done. Now I need another project. I hope to get a VBS contract here soon. I like VBS. Very "theme" oriented and active-learning. Usually easy to write.
    I am so proud of you and your exercising. I know I couldn't keep up without having a coronary. I do Denise Austin 5 mornings a week. I am really liking Yoga too - great muscle toning, stretching and relaxing. No, I am not becoming a human-pretzel. I just do the very basics.
    I got out my wedding gown the other day. No, I did not put it on. Too afraid of how devastated I would be. BUT, I did make a goal. I want to wear it, zipped, on my 16 wedding anniversary this summer. I wont go anywhere in it. I just want to say that I did it. I would be really proud of myself if I can do it. I wasn't ULTRA thin at my wedding. Just a healthy normal size for me.
    Nighty night friend. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete