Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Looking back

13 years ago today, this is what was happening... I was experiencing those wonderful feelings of becoming a mom for the first time. Bradley Scott Hydorn was born at 8:02 PM Sunday, January 7, 1996. He was 3 weeks early weighing in at 6 pounds 4 ounces. I was POSITIVE I was having a girl. We hadn't had any ultrasounds to tell us one way or another, but I just had that feeling. I would even sit in our new rocker in the baby's room singing to little "Alexis Dawn" in my tummy! So when someone in the delivery room said, "it's a boy!" I was shocked... but definitely not disappointed. I know Daddy was thrilled with his little boy, and so was I. So "Bradley Scott" it was.





Fast forward 13 years, and we finally are all gathered in one room at 9 PM tonight to finally open his gifts and have cake. Life has definitely changed since this special moment in the hospital room. Bradley's morning started out with basketball practice at 6:30 AM, school all day, two friends home with him after school to play Wii, piano lesson, quick supper of Papa Murphy's pizza (his request), and then to youth group at church. Dad is busy at work with year end stuff so he didn't get home until late as well. I am realizing how fast these years are going. If the last thirteen years flew by so quickly, I can only imagine how fast the next five will go, considering many days are like ours today, and then he will be out on his own. But for now I will enjoy these moments knowing he's safely tucked in his bed just below where I'm sitting now.
Happy birthday Big Guy! Mom loves you very much!












No comments:

Post a Comment