Sunday, January 11, 2009

I hate Iowa

(Don't be alarmed- this is an almost daily quote from me from about December through March)


This is my reality... with more on the way- we now have about 6 inches on the ground with another 3 or so tonight with a blizzard warning right behind it- Goodie! Can't wait!!!!!!! Then more snow is coming in on Wed. Ugh. This has already seemed like a long winter...


This is what I dream of on a daily basis- the warmth, the beauty, the carefree spirit, the awesome tan I had... (the fact that I was 25 pounds lighter)... the sound of the waves... I miss Hawaii. I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No school tomorrow for the boys. Teacher work day- ie "I get to sleep in day!!!!!" Then I need to work on my writing assignment. Another deadline on Friday.
I'm on the mend from a sinus infection. Both Bradley and I had one, so we're both on meds. I am feeling better though. I was so wiped out from it. All I wanted to do was sleep. So as far as my goals, the treadmill didn't happen last week. No energy for that. Hopefully this week, I'll get my tail back on it.
The good news- I finished a book (all in one night I might add) the bad news- it wasn't a classic. As I was at the library this week getting some golf books for Bradley, I found myself wandering over to the biographies, and before I knew it, biographies on Tracey Gold (Carol from Growing Pains) and Patricia Heaton were in my possession. As I was at Family Bookstore the other night, I wrote down the title of 8 more books I'd like to read- all bios or autobios. Hmmm... the next one needs to be some other kind of literature. I'm not really a fiction reader. Everyone is talking about the Twilight craze, and I can't bring myself to that just yet. Those sound weird to me. Classic-
I went to the bank in Ankeny the other day and did not even stop at Memory Bound (my favorite scrapbook store). I was proud of myself as that took a large amount of self control. Less is my word and I'm (trying) to stick to it!
I've been working on organizing pics all weekend. I'm just needing to get them downloaded on CD's. Oh, and speaking of my digital goal, I downloaded some free digital scrappin' kits from Two Peas, so that's a start. Now I need to figure out my Paint Shop Pro so I can do something with them. I completely do not understand about vectors, layers, brushes, etc.But I will learn!
I SHOULD go to bed now (it's 11).We'll see if that happens!
Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment