Saturday, January 3, 2009

just some random stuff

The new me- after my LESS word has taken effect (well, I guess there's MORE in a few areas!!!). I have been having a blast with this website- faceinhole.com. One Saturday I spent hours plugging in my kids, myself, my family, and anyone I had a picture of in all sorts of scenarios! I love this one! Although not one of the best "fits" I have a couple that are very realistic looking! I'd like to say this picture could be motivation for my workouts, but I don't think this look can be achieved without some major plastic surgery!


I just recently discovered this stuff, and it has been wonderful for my milk-allergic son. Brennan was diagnosed with a milk allergy before he was two (however I suspected it long before that) and has not been able to have milk products. We taught him from a very early age that he has an allergy and that he could not eat certain things. I have to admit that I had a lot of anxiety (and anyone who is reading this who knows me is laughing knowing my "anxious tendencies) sending him to school where I wouldn't be there to make sure he wasn't eating anything he shouldn't, but so far, thank the Lord, he's been OK. We've only had one real scare since he was diagnosed. As he's gotten older it has been harder on him, especially, concerning cake and ice cream at parties, etc. He feels like he's missing out on something, which is totally understandable. So I found this at Walmart, and bought some "good" chocolate syrup. I made brownies, and put it all together, and he loved it! He has enjoyed an ice cream treat every night for the last several nights, just like the rest of us!
And where have these been all my life? This works SO well! I was doing a bit of cleaning on New Year's Day, and I decided to tackle my once-white refrigerator, now laden with dirty handprints, crusted food, and just plain grit from years of daily wear. The grime, that I have tried to get off NUMEROUS times with other cleaners, came off so easily! The refrigerator is so white, it's almost blinding!

In other happy news, MY IPOD IS UP AND RUNNING! I had sent a letter to the Itunes support team and they e-mailed me back with instructions on things to try, and it worked! I also got a portable speaker system, so after my 12 year old helped me get songs on my i pod (because I don't know how) I hauled my speakers downstairs today and jammed out while I walked/ran (I say "ran" very loosely as the running portion only lasted for one song, but hey, it's a start!) on the treadmill.
And we got some other very wonderful news yesterday that I can't share yet, so yesterday was a great day!!
Oh, and I forgot a couple more goals I need to add to my list.
4) I want to read more this year - and I want to vary my reading. I usually migrate to biographies/autobiographies of famous people/entertainers. I have realized that there are so many classics that I haven't read. I would like to read at least one classic per month. I don't have one picked yet for January so I need to get on that.
5) I want to blog more. I have been very haphazard about posting, and I'd love to be more consistent about that. I've always been a diary keeper (at least i was growing up- I wonder what happened to all of those?) but as I've grown, life has gotten in the way. I've always loved to write- I definitely got that from my mom, and I want my blog to be a place to record our lives as well as incorporate my scrapbooking adventures.
Well, I should probably think about bed. I have stayed up late all of break and slept in late all of break. This last week has been one of the laziest, schedule wise, and I have LOVED it! The boys have been spending their days playing Wii and Rock Band, and I chime in on a song or two (I rock on "Dead or Alive"), bowling, and check my Wii fitness every day (which, by the way, is well above my real age. The baseball on there kills me every time! I can't hit a home run to save my life!). Tomorrow will be a busy day with church and then back to the grind on Monday. Ugh.
Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment