Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Flood photos





After church on Sunday night, we drove around a bit to see some of the flood waters. In every picture here, NONE of this water is supposed to be here. These were taken both north and east of Carlisle. We had roads closed on all sides of us! The second pic with Bren in it shows the road signs and how deep in water they are. We were surprised to see someone boating in the floodwaters! The last picture (with Bradley in it) is a picture of the fields where Gary and Bradley go hunting. I would think it would be dangerous to boat in there not knowing where fences might be and such. Fortunately, we haven't had any rain this week so far and we can see the water receding quite a bit thankfully. It is amazing to see it in person. Cameras don't even capture the magnitude.
In other happenings, the garage sale is done (thankfully!) and was somewhat successful. We did make over $500, which was awesome, but still had ALOT of stuff left. I was talking to a friend in Altoona on Monday morning and she said they were having city wides this weekend, and she wanted to have a sale,but she didn't have enough stuff on her own so..... (you know where this is headed, right?), back to the garage I go! I had used a color key for my pricing, so each item just had a color tag instead of a price tag. So on Monday and Tuesday, I remarked what was left with prices, and we hauled what was left to their house! She is starting tomorrow and I will go up and help on Friday since I don't have any students on Friday. Hopefully the stuff will GO AWAY! I will give it away if there are things still left. I'm tired of dealing with it.
Season baseball is over. Bren's team came out somewhere in the middle of their division, while Bradley's team tied for 1st place! It was an exciting last week of ball. Now we just have tournaments left.
Bren is spending the night at a friend's house. This is only the 2nd time he's done that (same friend), and I get a little nervous. I hope he doesn't wake up in the night with pain. I feel more and more comfortable about his milk allergy because I've watched how responsible he is with his eating. He errs(sp?) on the side of caution thankfully, so I don't worry so much about that. I'll just be glad when he's home tomorrow!
Tutoring is in full force. I've got 5 or 6 new students, and I'm loving them! For awhile, I was getting a lot of older kids, which is fine-I love them too, but I forget how excitable the little ones can be. I have lots of guys learning multiplication, so we're knee-deep in rhymes, the 9's finger trick, wrap-ups, timed test, and multiplication match! I love what I do. I love the variety of my day, and I love helping these kids feel better about themselves.
Well, I've rambled enough. I have yet to scrapbook this summer. I keep thinking it's going to slow down, but so far, not so much. Next week is Bible School Sunday eve. through Wed. and I'm helping with that so my evenings will be busy. This weekend Bradley has a tournament in Fort Dodge and the team is getting hotel rooms so we'll be there all weekend. And Gary is taking on the large task of residing the house! I'll have to post pics of the progress.
Well I've rambled enough for now. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment