Thursday, June 5, 2008

working on the to-do list

Why is it that when you have so much to do the week flies by especially fast? I can't believe it's Thursday already! I have been sitting at this computer way too long and should be in working on tutoring prep, however I thought I'd post quick first. Gary is golfing this eve. with the church guys, so it's just the boys and I for supper. On a supper note, I have cooked 3- count them THREE nights in a row and we have eaten every one of those meals together! It has been wonderful. I think the streak might be stopping tonight, however...

I did go clean that downstairs closet like a good girl after I posted last time. I just have to put some labels on my baskets and then it will be done.

I have called in all of the ads for my garage sale next weekend, so hopefully I will have lots of traffic (and good weather) so I can get rid of lots of stuff!!! I worked out there on Tuesday for a little while, and will just have to tackle a little each day. The boys have been helping - they are paid employees- I thought it would be nice for them to earn some money for our vacation. So Bradley has put up the Christmas tree, and they're sorting bulletin board letters and fun stuff like that.

Our pool opened yesterday. Brennan was chomping at the bit to get there. However it was a fairly cool day, and the pool water was chilly, so when his lips turned blue, we decided to call it a day. Today the sun was shining and it was much warmer, so we headed back again; this time Bradley and Brandon came along (as well as every other kid in Carlisle!). It was crowded, but the sun and warmth felt so good! I am definitely a summer gal.

Along with going down the big slide today at the pool for the first time, Brennan has accomplished task #2 of the summer- on the first official day of summer!- tying his shoe! Technically he tied his swimming trunks, but hey, if he can do that, the shoes will be a piece of cake! He is very enamored with his tying skills, and every time I looked at him today at the pool, he was tying and retying. Thankfully the trunks weren't loose enough to fall off!

My dad and Dororthy are coming tomorrow and staying through Sunday, so we're excited for their visit! They are going to catch the boys' ballgames. We have had lots of company this past month or so and are loving it!

Well guess I've babbled long enough. I did actually scrapbook last night, so I'll have to share those layouts soon. Toodles for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment