Thursday, June 12, 2008

Water water everywhere

We're sitting in the middle of the flood of '08- strangely similar to the flood of '93 (however this time they have assured us Des Moines Water Works should be OK so we shouldn't lose water like they did then). We were actually living in Cedar Falls during the floods last time, so we did not experience it like many of our friends here did. The bridge on Hway 65-our main road to church, Walmart, and almost anywhere we go outside of Carlisle- has been closed, so now we're having to go way around and out of our way. With gas prices the way they are, that is not a good thing! Fortunately, I don't have to travel much in the summer since my work comes to me. Gary has just been stopping and picking up groceries or whatever I need on his way home from work so I don't have to get out. The water isn't done rising yet. We had more rain all last night and inches more are forecast for the next day or so. Thankfully it's still supposed to be dry on Saturday for the garage sale. I have been out in my garage every spare minute pricing, organizing, moving things, cleaning, etc. I am ready for it to be done!!! I have lots of pictures and layouts I want to post, but I need to get through Saturday first. Then hopefully I'll have some things to share! Toodles for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment