Friday, January 7, 2011

kitties make everything better

I got a call from school yesterday to come and pick Brennan up. He was running a fever and ached all over. When we got home, I got him all snuggled in on the couch. When I came back into the room, this is what I found...
We call her "the nurse." I don't know if it's just because she's a female, but she just really seems to care about how we're feeling. And she especially watches out for her Bren. She loves him, and he can snuggle, hold, manipulate, and squeeze her like none of the rest of us can... and she doesn't mind a bit. When he fell asleep later in the afternoon, she perched on the cushions right above him watching out for him. It was so precious.
I took him to the Dr. today. Still running a fever and not feeling any better. He was complaining of a sore throat this morning, so I thought maybe it was strep throat. That test came back negative and so did the mono and flu test. The Dr. did verify it was viral, but that's all we know. So while my dad and his wife and Gary all headed to Boone tonight to watch Bradley (who turned 15 today!!!) play basketball, Bren and I are chilling at home.

And these two have now found a new spot to take their naps. Maizy has been very interested in the laundry room for the past couple of weeks- wandering in there while I'm washing and drying, snooping in the open dryer door, and making a little nest in a dirty laundry basket. Usually she is the one to copy him, but I think he liked her idea as this was the extent of their afternoon...

And yes, they are lying on the CLEAN piles... If they weren't so darn cute...


No comments:

Post a Comment