Monday, January 3, 2011

a banana bread recipe you must try

I believe this recipe came from the blog I just shared with you. I already had a great banana bread recipe which always got wonderful feedback when I took it somewhere, but the streusel topping got me on this one. And it is FABULOUS!! The bread consistency is better than my old one as well. If you give it a try, let me know what you think!

Streusel topped banana bread


Makes 3 mini loaves


1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup mashed bananas (3 small overripe)
2 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted


streusel
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


1) Grease 3 mini loaf pans.
2)Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
3) Beat bananas, eggs, sugar, and butter in large bowl until smooth. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture. Divide batter among prepared pans.
4) Streusel- Mix flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in butter until small crumbs form. Sprinkle over batter.  NOTE- I actually let the bread cook for about ten minutes and then put the streusal on so it would not brown too fast.
5) Bake in oven 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6) Cool bread for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment