Monday, January 10, 2011

Another good banana recipe

Bananas have always been my favorite fruit from the time I was little. But I am a finicky banana eater- as soon as any brown spots begin appearing, I don't like them anymore. That means I have a lot of bananas that don't get eaten in time... hence the need for a lot of good banana recipes.

I made a double batch of these things a few days ago... and they're gone. Granted everyone likes them especially Bradley and I. They are very filling- a dense muffin, but fairly healthy, unless you put in twice the amount of chocolate chips like I do : )

Banana Chip Oat Muffins

1 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

In large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Beat in the bananas, egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 muffin equals 218 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment