Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We finally hit 70!!

Spring has been long awaited around here. It's been a bitter winter and today was a banner day! Nothing but sunshine and about 73 degrees. The day was busy with Bible study, running errands preparing for Easter Sunday in our children's ministry, tutoring 3 students, and the minute I was done, Brennan was begging to ride bikes to the playground. I love that at almost 10, he still loves to spend time swinging, sliding, and hanging on the monkey bars. After a LLLOOONNNNNGGGG winter of endless hours of video games, I am grateful to get him out on his bike getting some exercise. I love our times at the playground. It seems we have some of our greatest conversations there.
Tonight I learned the following from our evening together...

*he feels that girls in his class always want their own way. He preceded to offer several examples of when playing math games, they will say, "We're doing subtraction or nothing..." "We're doing addition or nothing..." He was disgusted at the fact that they act like they're giving you a choice when they're really not. He asked me if all girls want their own way. What am I to say to that? I told him I like to get my own way. And he told me, "Yes, but you're not a girl, you're a woman."

*he loved Nana's garlic bread. "She was a smart woman," he told me. However I'm still unsure of how her brains and garlic bread talents go together...

*it is very unfair that, at recess, you only get one push on the tire swing, but the pusher has to push 3 times before being done. Who makes up these dumb rules?

*I now know how to "rocket" on the tire swing.

*I cannot "rocket" for long on the tire swing as I am too old for that and the nausea set in. I used to be able to spin, ride any ride in any amusement park, and merry go round on a full stomach and not be phased. Now I can't even last 5 minutes on a tire swing on an empty stomach.

*God has given me a very special little boy... but I think I already knew that.


1 comment:

  1. Hey - I was just browsing some blogs and enjoyed yours. From what I can see you have a very wise young child, well done to you :]

    If you don't mind could you please just take a look at my blog and perhaps become a follower and I will return the favor to you, thank-you very very much :D Dan.

    http://danielphillips10.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete