Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring break-oh how I love thee...

I am so enjoying my spring break. And of course, it is going too fast.
Saturday I scrapped for 11 hours. It was lovely. Some wonder how anyone could do that for 11 hours straight, but I could go much longer if I could...It was lovely.

Sunday we went to church, out to lunch at McDonalds, and then I got a glorious nap in. It was lovely. I made an egg bake for supper, which I've been hungry for. It was so nice to sit down together at our table as a family and eat together. We don't get to do that much during the weeks because I am usually tutoring during the dinner hour. Brennan and I rented the movie G-Force and watched that before bed--definitely not as good of a movie as I had hoped. Thankfully we waited for the $1 Redbox instead of paying movie theater prices!

Monday I slept in til 9. It was lovely. Then I took the boys out shopping to try to get everything bought for baseball season, and I think we got it accomplished. Then we picked up Gary at work and went to Boston's for lunch. We'd never been there before, and loved the chicken parmesan pizza we ordered. Brennan raved that his spaghetti and meatballs was the best thing he'd ever tasted!

Tuesday Bradley went to Token's with some friends and I had another nap. It was lovely. Then Bren and I played a couple of board games (he beat me in Goolf and I beat him in Yahtzee), I cleaned the house a little, and made chicken wraps, corn casserole, and a cherry trifle for supper. Bradley ended up spending the night at a friend's house.

Today (Wednesday) I scrapbooked all day at Memory Bound. It was lovely!! I had a mango smoothie for supper and got beat by Brennan in Battleship. Now I am enjoying the peace and quiet of the house at 12:20 AM knowing that I should be going to bed, but relishing staying up late.

The rest of the week is going to be busy. Tomorrow Bradley has an ortho appointment and he is ready to take his driver's permit test. AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice I said HE is ready to take it because I'm certainly not ready for him to take it. This is when I think how nice it would be to have him back in diapers again! Then we're going somewhere to golf. It's supposed to be 63 degrees tomorrow! It will be lovely!! And after the winter we've had, we are going to enjoy every minute of our day tomorrow. Friday we are going to a retirement party for Gary's mom. She only has 7 more days of work left, and we are rejoicing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Straight from the party we get to drive 4 hours to Sioux City, Iowa so Brennan can compete in the State spelling bee on Saturday!
Spring break...oh how I love thee...

No comments:

Post a Comment