Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Scripture challenge #2

I've had my second Scripture challenge done for awhile, but hadn't taken a picture of it. The word was temptations. I used the verse from 1 Corinthians 10:31. It was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the challenge. I took it from the New Living Translation Bible. I chose a black and white theme and tore my paper at the top symbolizing the torn feeling we have when temptations come our way.






I'm hoping to get caught up on the challenges this weekend. I am about 3 behind by now. I am going to enjoy 11 hours of uninterrupted scrapbooking bliss on Saturday- right here in town at the school! I'm so looking forward to it. I have hardly done any scrapping at all and since I am going nowhere for spring break, this will have to be my vacation!


Bradley will be having minor surgery on Friday. He had tubes put in his ears when he was 4 (and he's now 14). One of them is still in place and has to be removed. It has had scar tissue built up around it so it will have to be surgically removed. They may also have to do some reconstruction as well.


THE SNOW IS MELTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see about 75% of my yard now! Today it got up to 50 degrees and Bradley was dressed in shorts for school. Now some of you might think that's nuts, but to us Iowans 50 felt like a heat wave!


Brennan's spelling be is a little over a week away. We'll be heading to Sioux City on the 20th for that. I am praying he'll do well and nerves won't get to him.


I'm subbing in technology tomorrow. That's a joke since I don't know squat about the computer systems at the school. I'm merely present for crowd control only.


Been busy looking through and choosing curriculums for our church's summer programs and VBS. I'm so thankful for my church job and the ability to be able to do so much of my work from the comforts of my own home and computer.


We are officially done with basketball. Bradley had his last tournament last weekend. We are now kicking off baseball. Without question it is the most expensive sport in the Hydorn household. So far I've written 2 hefty checks to Sports Authority with the shopping not completely done yet.


Gary goes to work, studies, eats, studies, sleeps, repeat, repeat, repeat.


Still waiting to get this house sold and we officially decided to build. We signed the paperwork last week and are ready to go when someone decides to make 847 Main Street their house. I know my focus has changed when instead of spending my extra 30 minutes browsing in a clothing store, I went into Lowe's instead and drooled over vessel sinks, hardwood floors, and tile. Oh my.
Spring break is two days away. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you all as you join the ranks of home owner/builders! I can't believe it was more than ten years ago that we had our second house built!

    You're going to love being able to pick things out and customize the littlest of things. That's so you, Kate. And with Gary being so good at fixing up stuff, he'll know what to ask. I'm very excited for you guys! Enjoy this process -- it is amazing to watch it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that Anonymous was me, Kate!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That previous post was me.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete