Tuesday, November 3, 2009

pumpkin shake

So here's one more pumpkin recipe if anyone's in the mood still. My dear friend Dawn sent this one to me a few weeks ago, and I have been loving one of these babies every day. They are pretty low cal so that's even better!

Pumpkin Shake

3 T or so of canned pumpkin
cinnamon sugar to taste
milk
lots of ice cubes
about a 1/2 cup of low fat ice cream

I don't have exact amounts on the cinnamon sugar, milk, or ice cubes. I use my Magic bullet and just add until it's close to full. Then blend and top with a scoop of whipped topping.

I use 1% milk, low cal whipped cream, and low fat ice cream, and that keeps this treat between 100-150 calories. It's really yummy and pretty filling! Being the night owl that I am, I usually find myself hungry around 9 PM. If I would go to bed shortly after that, I'd try not to eat, but since I'm usually up for another 3 hours or so, I need something to eat. This has been a great late night snack. No one else in my family (except Oreo, who I discovered loves canned pumpkin) will have anything to do with my latest obsession. So I enjoy it all to my lonesome!

Lots of other stuff going on lately, but too busy to blog about it. I've got a few pictures I want to share, but haven't downloaded them on my laptop yet. I'm pathetic.

Let's see...

Football is officially over for both the boys. I signed Brennan up for basketball last Saturday and Bradley starts his first basketball practice on Friday morning at 6:30 AM! I am so thankful my husband will be the one doing the morning practice run since he usually leaves for work at 6:30. Bradley will have several of those.

Tomorrow I am going to Clear Lake to retrieve a portion of a beef that we bought. My sister gets 1/2 of a cow every year, and we are sharing some of that. I'm looking forward to some steak dinners!!

We had an open house last Sunday afternoon and had a couple of people looking. We haven't received any offers, but we are patient and know the Lord's timing is perfect. We seem to be leaning towards building now (I still think Gary and I will end up divorced if we try this!) but we are definitely realizing what we want in our next house and aren't finding it in Carlisle already built. Sunday we went to a few open houses and got some ideas.

I did a traning last week for some student helpers for the children's ministry, and this Sunday we are having an appreciation/training time for our teachers. I am putting together the food and training agenda so that is keeping me extra busy this week. I still have a lot to put together for that in the next few days.

I got a book from the library by Deanna Farve about her breast cancer journey and I've been anxious to read it, but still haven't even started it. I've already renewed it once, and I've only got one renewal to go. I love autobiographies/biographies, and it seems like it's been awhile since I've read something for pleasure.

I'm already thinking about Christmas and find myself ready to start shopping and planning. The Black Friday ads are showing up in my inbox daily now! (yes, I am one of those crazy shoppers, and my husband even joins me in the fun!!!). I need to put some Christmas music on my ipod, and am looking for crafty ideas to make for some gifts.

I've been faithfully watching the World Series each night hoping and praying the stupid Yankees don't win it all. I am not particularly a Phillies fan, but I hate the Yankees, so I'll cheer for anyone who plays them.

I'm doing a Tuesday morning ladies' bible study at my church that I am absolutely enjoying. We're studying the book Crazy Love. It is a phenomenal book about being totally in love with our Savior. The author has a vey captivating way of delivering a poignant message. I also just love the fellowship. These Bible studies have been a way to interact with and get to know some of the older ladies in our church, and I thoroughly love listening to their insights and learning from their wisdom and experience.

Well enough blabbering for now. I was wide awake when I began writing, but I think I'm definitely tired enough to go to bed now.

If you try a pumpkin shake, let me know what you think of it.

1 comment:

  1. I made the pumpkin shake tonight. Yummy! I made a bigger one and Al & I split it. He really liked it too. I'll have to see if I can get the kids to like it.

    ReplyDelete