Monday, September 8, 2008

quick update

Just a quick update on the goings-on around here lately. It's busy as usual!

*Bradley got his braces on last Thursday. He has been doing very well with them. The first few days, his poor lip was cut, but I think he's learning them. He told me tonight that it is hard to play his trumpet, so I hope that will get easier with time.

*I have been a painting maniac this weekend. The pretty flower border in my upstairs bathroom (which I loved) was peeling and just not looking good anymore. So I took it off and just repainted in the same blue color it was. I just need to finish a couple of things in there and that room will be done.

*I am also repainting in Bradley's room. We are doing Cyclone/Carlisle Wildcat yellow and red. The yellow is on, and we just need to touch-up the red. He is also due for a new comforter and some Cyclone decor so I am on the hunt for some of that. I've been scouring ebay and Craig's List for deals, but so far, none yet. I do have a bid on a Cyclone golf ball holder that, hopefully, I'll score.

*Our new recliner chair came in on Friday, and we went right away to pick it up! I love it! It's so comfy and cushy- it's a Lane, microfiber, kindof a neutral taupe color. Maizy seems to love it as well as that has become her napping spot.

*I had my first subbing job today in Carlisle. I was in the 2nd grade resource room. It was OK, but I had a lot of down time, it seemed. and the day dragged a little. Next time I'll be sure to bring a good book! I'll be back in that classroom in about a month and a half again. It was fun being just a few doors down from Brennan's classroom, so I got to peek in there a time or two!

*Tomorrow I start a new ladies' Bible study. I am excited to be under the teaching of our pastor's wife. It's been awhile since I've been in one of her studies. She is such a godly woman, and I always seem to learn so much from her.

*I guess that's enough blabbering for now. I'm tired and ready for bed. I haven't slept real well again the last few nights, so I'm hoping for a more restful night tonight!

Toodles.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment