Sunday, September 14, 2008

celebrating a birthday today...

Seven years ago, September 14, 2001 Bradley asked the Lord to be his personal Savior. Today he is 7 years old in the Lord.
I will never forget that day. It was just 3 days after the 9/11 attacks and emotions were running high as it was. I was teaching at Grandview Park Baptist School at the time and Bradley was in kindergarten there. After school, each class stood outside waiting for their rides and busses to pick them up. He would be dismissed to come to my "box" before we'd go inside. After all of the kids were gone, he said to me, "Guess what I did today? I asked Jesus into my heart." Immediately tears of joy came to my eyes. We discussed it a minute, and then I went to his teacher's room to find out some more details. At their chapel time, they had been discussing the Lamb's Book of Life. The two kindergarten teachers and the associate all gave their testimonies about when their names were written in the Book. Apparently the Spirit was working on him because later on at snack time, during the prayer, he asked the Lord to be his Savior. He told his teacher he'd done that shortly afterwards. As soon as I got back down to the room, he called Daddy to tell him the good news, and Daddy was brought to tears as well. We had prayed for this, of course, and had specifically prayed for it to be a decision completely on his own volition. I never wanted to feel as though we had pushed him into it, or him say he wanted to get saved just to please us. We wanted to know that it was a genuine decision on his part. God truly answered that prayer, and I'm so grateful. We have seen his faith grow over these past years, and God answered another prayer last winter when he decided he wanted to get baptized, and he was on January 27. That was another precious day. We are so proud of the young man he is becoming and continue to pray that God will use his gifts and talents for His glory. I love you Bradley Scott!



No comments:

Post a Comment