Monday, September 1, 2008

2007 recap

I actually finished this layout several months ago, but am just now getting around to sharing it. I don't do a good job of taking pictures of the layouts- photography isn't my strong suit- so I never think the picture does them justice. Anyway, I really like these recap pages. These tend to really speak to me as I look through past pages I've done. If I could ever get around to organizing my pictures in a better fashion than shoving them into a big tub, I might be able to create more layouts like this.

It was a nice weekend. Friday night, Gary and Bradley went to the Carlisle high school football game, Brennan played here at home, and I scrapped to the 80's. One of the local stations plays all 80's, all night, and I LOVE it! I began working on our Florida pictures, and got several pages completed. Saturday, we slept in, Gary and I went for a walk (I am up to running 9 blocks now!!) and then I went to the grocery store. He was working on painting the trim on the house and garage. Then we were asked to be sponsors at a baptism. We felt very honored to be asked. Sunday was church, a nice afternoon nap for me, and then we hooked up with some friends we hadn't seen in over 2 years! It was good to get together again. We went over to their house and had burgers and hot dogs, and just enjoyed chatting until after 11. They have 2 boys as well, so our kids had fun playing together. This morning we took advantage of sleeping in, and then Gary was out painting again. I had a tutoring student over to scrap. I am almost done with our Florida pictures. The boys hung out with the neighbor boy, we grilled brats and chicken for supper, and then played a game before baths, showers, and devotions. It was so hot today too! The actual temperature was 90 degrees with the heat index close to 100! Ugh! It was a nice weekend. It's nice to have a few of those that are not jam packed with activities and places to go non stop.

In other news...

*Bradley got 12 (yes, 12) spacers put in last Thursday in preparation for braces this week. He was a hurting unit after that and had to come home from school because he was in so much pain.

*I bought paint for the bathroom and Bradley's room. Our bathroom has a pretty flower border on the bottom part of the wall, and I still love it, however it's coming off and is starting to look bad. So I'm just going to take that off and repaint the same blue color (or close to it). I want to keep it nice and bright in there, so I'll accent with yellow, orange, and green towels and rugs and hopefully find a pretty picture for the wall. Bradley has had a Braves room since he was about 4 and he's kind of tired of it, so we're planning to do Iowa State/Carlisle Wildcat red/yellow. Thankfully, the red is already on half the wall so we're going to paint the top half yellow (I say "we," what I really mean is "me!" Anyway, hopefully I'll get started on these projects this next weekend.

I need to get to bed. I'm trying not to stay up so late during the week.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment