Friday, July 25, 2008

Vacation part 4

Well I decided to use a green font in honor of the green photo- I have no idea why it's green. I took 3 of these, and hopefully this didn't happen to the other ones because these are great shots of the 4 golfers. We were on the 9th hole of the golf course, so we were able to watch them on that hole from our balcony.

Now this was probably one of my very favorite moments of the trip. Let me back up a minute. Last year, we went to YMCA in Estes Park, CO for a Fox family vacation. When we were talking to some friends at church, we discovered that our families were vacationing the exact same week in the exact same camp! What are the odds of that? We saw them the very first night of the trip as we were going to the swimming pool- and I'm pretty amazed at that because the YMCA Camp in Estes Park is HUGE! So fast forward to this year. I was e-mailing one of my very best friends in the word, Dawn Bauman, who now lives near Chicago Illinois. We used to teach together at Grandview Park Baptist. She and I got very close, and I was devastated when she moved about 4 years ago. Now I only get to see here about once a year. Anyway, I was telling her about our vacation. She called me and said that they were going to Panama City, FL the very same week as we would be there!!! I was so excited! In turns out, they were about a mile down the beach from us! So the four of us went out one evening to Pier Park. We had dinner and shopped a little and just had a wonderful time! It was so good to see them. I wonder who I'll hook up with next vacation?
The Hydorn family on our last night. We visited Ci Ci's Pizza a couple of times!
A picture's worth a 1000 words. DOUBLE TROUBLE! Don't they look so innocent?

No comments:

Post a Comment