Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vacation part 3

My nephew Hayden did not venture very far out into the ocean with us. He preferred to stay right next to the beach. I caught a good action shot here of him jumping the waves.

We spent a lot of time hunting for shells. I have been to the beach before, but not very often. And I don't think, throughout the course of my 37 years, that I have ever really looked for shells! Since this was the boys' first time at the beach, they hadn't either. Here Bradley is showing off some of our finds. We brought a big bag of them home, along with some sand, and so far I have filled a candleholder with sand and shells. I have one of those hollow ones that the candle fits into. It's so pretty. Another thing I plan to do is decorate a frame with some of the shells, and put a vacation picture in it.
My nieces, Haley and Hanna. There's those cute shades again!
Gary, his parents, and his brother Kevin
Another favorite photo (I guess I have several!). These two hung pretty tightly all week.

Wow! A post three days in a row! That's got to be a record for me! Things seemed to have slowed down a bit since we got back. I have had some more down time. I actually scrapped a couple of layouts last night, I have cooked every night this week, and I have taken a walk these past two evenings- a habit I would love to continue.
Happy news:
*IT'S SWEET CORN TIME!!! We have had sweet corn the last two nights. There is nothing better! I have made a trip to the little stand outside of town each day, and will continue to until there is no more to be found!
*I've lost two pounds since coming back from vacation! I am consciously drinking more water during the day, doing some exercises, trying to take a daily walk, and trying to snack on healthier options. I know I don't have a lot of willpower, so this is going to be a challenge, but after having to look at myself in a swimsuit all summer, I am feeling more motivated.
I ordered my pictures from vacation, and I got them cheap! I ordered from a new company and got 4x6's for 6 cents each!! I hope the quality is good.

That's about it for now. Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. You know I think the one on the right doesn't look so innocent.

    ReplyDelete