Sunday, August 3, 2008

Got the crud

Why do I always get a nasty cold in the summer?
I'm feeling pretty yucky today, thanks to Bradley. He started this junk on about Tuesday. I think he went through 2 boxes of kleenex himself. I had to break into the school supply kleenex stash! He felt miserable most of the week, and just did a lot of laying around. I started getting an awful sore throat yesterday, so today I pretty much laid around all day- did a lot of napping. I'm trying to rest since I have another busy week and can't afford to be sick. I did manage to pull myself off the couch around 5 to scrapbook a bit. I'm trying to finish a couple of projects before next weekend.

Let's see-what's happened since I last posted...

Last weekend my sister and her 4 kids came to go to Adventureland with us. We go once a summer with Gary's work. The kids had a blast! They loved the new Kokomo Cove (water slides) they added this year. I got some great shots and will post soon. I haven't put them on the computer yet.

Bradley went to football camp for 3 nights. He won the punt competition on the last night, so that was pretty exciting for him!

I attended a two day class at Heartland. I have to take 5 credits to keep up my teaching license. I took a Microsoft Powerpoint and Word class. It was really good! I did my first powerpoint ever! It was a slide show for Gary for our anniversary. It came out pretty well, however our system at home and the system I worked on at Heartland were different, so some of my effects didn't show on our computer.

Speaking of our anniversary, we celebrated 15 years on Thursday! My sweet husband brought me 15 beautiful red roses! I made him a CD with 15 special songs on it (however I didn't copy them in the right format, so it only plays on the computer at the moment ARGGHH!!!- just when I think I might be learning a thing or two, I am proved wrong!). I am going to try to burn it again at some point. Anyway, I "hired" (ie paid) Bradley to watch Brennan and Gary and I went out to dinner at Applebees and then looked for a recliner, however didn't find what we wanted. Bradley was a great babysitter, and I think I only checked in 3 times!!!

We had friends over for supper on Friday evening and played some games.

I took Bradley shopping on Saturday morning for football cleats, school shoes, and backpack, all of which we found. He is pretty much ready. He really doesn't need any clothes, so other than a few supplies, like markers and more kleenex, he's set. Brennan and I will go at a later time. He didn't want to go on Saturday.

Brennan has been spending a lot of time in the neighbor's pool this past week. It has been pretty hot (today it's 95 and tomorrow will be even hotter) so he's been cooling off the best way possible!

Well I've rambled long enough. Have a good week!
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment