Wednesday, August 20, 2008

some recent (and not so recent) layouts



I thought I'd post some layouts I've done from the last couple of months. This first one is from last year's Race for the Cure. We have a tradition of walking in this as a family. Gary's mom is a breast cancer survivor, and his parents join us as well. It will soon be upon us again so I figured I'd better get last year's on a layout. I love the butterflies on this layout. They pop up and are dimensional. I wish blogger would have a larger image than this, but this is the biggest. You can always click on the image to see it larger if you want to read the journaling.












This next one is about my childhood home- the one I lived in until I got married. It was sold last fall, so I'm still feeling pretty sentimental about it. I saw a layout done by Stacy Julian a few years ago similar to this documenting memories of a home. I knew I wanted to do the same thing. The layout had been done for awhile, but I needed time to think about the journaling. It was done late one night (after midnight- that's when I do my best thinking!) It was great just to sit and reminisce about my childhood and all of the wonderful memories in this home. I think it would be fun to give this same "assignment" to all of my siblings and see if we have anything in common on our lists!












I love everything about this layout- the picture, the paper, the simplicity. That's really the kind of scrapper I am- clean and simple. The paper is glitter cardstock by Doodlebug, which I am all over. They have matching glitter lchipboard letters, and I have about 4 different colors of those too! If it's blingy, I like it! This was Brennan after swimming lessons. He loves the pool!















This was a "memory" page. I try to incorporate memories and stories into my scrapbooks, as well as event pages, like Christmas, birthdays, etc. Even though my "baby" is 8, he still loves to be rocked. He would ask me this question each night. These are the things that I get afraid I will forget someday. I love it when I go through my scrapbooks and I am reminded of something cute one of the boys said or something funny that happened. This is the reason that I do what I do- not only do I not want to forget, I don't want my kids to forget either.




In other news, school started today. Bradley's response to the question, "How was school?" resulted in, "Boring, as always." Brennan's response was, "Awesome!" But what do you expect from a Jr. Higher and a 2nd grader?

1 comment:

  1. Mom will you rock me actually makes me a little sad that I'll never have that. How very, very special. One of my favorite memories is of my mom rocking me in her VERY UGLY green rocking chair. She gave that chair to my uncle and he still has it.

    ReplyDelete