Sunday, May 4, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

I can't believe the weekend is just about over! I felt like I ran non-stop! Here's a summary...

*Went to the Tulip Festival in Pella for the very first time! Can't believe I've lived in Iowa all of my life and never been there! I took my homeschool girls, and we avoided the rain. It rained the eve. before and was just starting when we were leaving. Although the tulips were beautiful (I love tulips- one of my favorites!) there were so many that weren't open yet.
*Attended 5 baseball games overall- Bradley had two and won them both, and Bren had 3. He won 1 out of 3.
*Took Mady to the mother-daughter tea at our church where Gracia Burnham was speaking. I read her book In the Presence of Mine Enemies several years ago accounting her capture in the Phillipine Jungle. After a year in captivity, her husband was killed in a gun battle, and she was shot in the leg. She was such an inspiration!
*Taught children's church for both services.
*Baked and brought treats for our small group this evening. The bacon bread was a hit!
*Tried to take a nap this afternoon in between umpires coming for their pay (Gary is the Little League treasurer and takes care of all of that)
*Ordered pizza from the new little pizza joint in town. The sauce was a little spicier than I like, but it was alright.

Now to get ready for the week ahead. Yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day, and I didn't do one scrappy thing! Maybe this week??? (in my dreams perhaps)

No comments:

Post a Comment