Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend Recap

Bradley played in his first tournament this weekend at Holiday Park. Friday night was their first game as the Iowa Cobras. The last few years their tournament team was the Carlisle Cubs, but the boys wanted something "tougher" sounding. They lost Friday night, and got rained out on Sat. Sunday the boys played two games and lost both of those, although one was very close. Bradley pitched great on Sunday, but the batting is proving to be a problem once again. He just cannot seem to make contact. Hopefully we can figure out how to help him be more successful in this area.



I didn't mean to click on this picture and tried to get rid of it, but couldn't so I guess you get to see my new phone! I didn't get it this weekend, but Oh well. I love it, and am still trying to figure it all out. I did get some headphones for it this weekend so I can listen to the MP3 player on it. I still need to customize the rings for my family. Even though it's my phone, Bradley knows his way around it much better than I do! Kids and technology go together these days. They are so uninhibited, and scared of it (like I admit that I am!).
We had a visit from cousins and so enjoyed our time together! My brother Dave and his family came to stay Saturday night and got to go to Bradley's baseball game with us. That was such a treat! We all live hours away from each other, so our family doesn't often get to see each other, let alone any of the activities the kids are in.
Little Emma Grace helped me cook breakfast on Sunday morning. I couldn't believe how well she could crack eggs (only a couple of shells snuck in the bowl!). This sweet smile is definitely a front for the naughty little self that lies inside! She is a handful, but her cuteness makes up for it!




I got a mandevilla for Carolyn last year for Mother's Day, and she and Doyle (as well as several who have come to their home) have commented numerous times how beautiful it has been. I was wanting something on the other side of my front door, and thought this would be perfect. The container it is in now isn't very sturdy, so I'd like to put it in a larger (prettier) pot as soon as I have the chance. And, for the grand finale- the big news at the Hydorn house...
Brennan is now two-wheeled and lovin' it!
Daddy took the training wheels off about a month ago, and we've been out different times holding on to the back of the bike and running beside him, but he just didn't have much balance yet. Dad worked with him again this afternoon while I was gone, and now he's riding like it's old hat! He had a couple of falls, but he got right back up and got back on! What a great way to end his 7th year of life. Tomorrow my baby will be 8!! (Gary has talked to me about calling him "baby" because he's not a baby anymore. I know that, of course, but he will ALWAYS be my baby. I will just try not to call him "baby" in public)!
Well, I'd best be off to bed. Another week awaits!


No comments:

Post a Comment