Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter 2010




This post is a little tardy, but that's how I seem to be operating lately- a day late and a $ short- it's been hard to keep up with everything around here. The schedule has gotten out of control with baseball and track going on at the same time-

As we are now in month 7 of trying to get our home sold, the Easter baskets, along with everything else I seem to want these days, were tucked away up in our garage to try to declutter the house for showings. And trying to retrieve anything from up in our garage is pretty much a lost cause as it is cram packed. So Easter baskets this year were $1 reusable Iowa and Iowa State bags! I don't think the boys minded. They are not huge candy fans, so I have scaled back on the candy and started filling the baskets with necessity items and things I know they will use/need. This year found a few Reeses peanut butter eggs (because those NEVER go to waste!!), Microsoft points to be able to download some things for their XBox, a Cubs shorts outfit for Bren and Iowa State shorts for Brad, a cap gun for Bren and a new pair of sunglasses for Brad.

Every year my side of the family heads back to Dad's on the Saturday before Easter. We started the annual Easter egg hunt for the kids several years ago, and even though they are all getting older, we again stuffed eggs (and our faces) full of candy. Finding spots to hide them all at Dad's house gets to be a challenge though!
The hunters minus one who was taking care of business- he showed up later and found one egg!

Bradley wasn't planning on hunting at first, but when we told him we hid a golden egg with $5 in it and a silver egg with $2.50 it it, he decided he'd give it a whirl ; )  Who needs the bag when you've got big hands???
Oops- we got a little carried away with our hiding places! Perhaps the exhaust pipe isn't such a good place to hide an egg- it kinda rolled right up there!

And the jackpot eggs! We've discoved that as the kids get older, small pieces of candy just don't do the trick anymore- but money talks!

And, as we often do when we are back in Durant, my sister, brother, and I walked down to the cemetary where mom is buried. Dad always does such a great job of keeping her stone looking so nice. I miss her- it will be 5 years this June that she has been gone. But I know she is enjoying her home in Heaven and I am SO thankful that I know I will see her again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment