Friday, April 9, 2010

bacon bread


BACON BREAD
This is absolutely one of the best bread recipes ever. I got it from Quick Cooking magazine several years ago and no matter where I take it (and I often take it to small group, family gatherings, and anywhere I have to take a dish!) someone always asks for the recipe. It's easy and doesn't require many ingredients- my kind of cooking!!
INGREDIENTS:
12 bacon strips, diced (or more if you prefer)
1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided (I usually use a little more)
1 cup of shredded mozarella cheese (or more if you prefer)
1 envelope ranch party dry dip
Cook bacon. Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1 inch pieces and place in large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil. Toss to coat.
Arrange pieces in an oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled. (I usually just place it on a back burner as the oven is preheating).
Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Then cover with foil and bake 5-10 minutes more or until golden brown.

7 comments:

  1. It looks like I found your blog at the exact right moment! That bread looks amazing! WOW!!! You would definitely win my affection if you showed up on my doorstep with that! :)
    I didn't know you blogged either! How fun! But seriously, your boys are way too grown up! Driving?!? Good thing you had them when you were 15 so you'd be so young looking riding in the passenger seat! I'm excited to keep you with all the exciting things you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish! I will have to try this out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! I'll have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWW...*drools over keypad* ...i'm starving now, though I guess it's just a craving for the pizza since I had just eaten minutes ago....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I just clicked the "Next Blog" button,since I just arrived to Blogger (been posting this and that in other sites, but never liked them)and just saw this picture with this water-melting thing! Hope you don't mind that a complete stranger is asking for permission to grab the recipe (not the picture, of course). I'll wait for your reply. (Good manners my Mom taught me.) =) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the fat and calorie count is........okay, sorry I asked. Sounds yummy though and a great, quick & easy one to share at a carry-in dinner or to send to a family. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks... erm...
    It sounds delish though! :P

    Who cares about fat and calories anyway, if it's yummy, it's yummy - and that's about it!

    ReplyDelete