Tuesday, September 15, 2009

another post with no pictures : (

I feel incomplete when I don't include a picture with my posts, however if I wait for that to get done, I won't be posting in awhile!!! So (cross my fingers) next post will have some pictures!

As I mentioned last time, it's been more than busy around here.

The boys started school (first day pictures would be inserted here). Both seem to be adjusting well which I'm always grateful for. We've been trying to do more reading with Brennan. He really doesn't desire to do that on his own, and he is very picky about his books. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series has been read so many times by him, it's memorized. I have been trying to find books that will pique his interest, however that has been a challenge. I did find a couple of books by Dan Gutman that seem to be working. Coach Hyatt is a Riot is the one we're reading now. He seems to like the books with farting, burping, and typical boy behavior. I keep trying to steer him towards classics, but that seems to be a no-go. Go figure.

The house has been on the market for about a week and a half. We have a showing scheduled for Friday. I've enjoyed the clutter-free atmosphere, and keeping it clean has been a good thing. The laundry has been kept up with which is a miracle for me! Amazingly, I have not been stressed at all about it selling. Gary and I have beeen praying all along for wisdom and God's timing, and I can feel His perfect peace. It will all happen in His timing and plan.

Brennan played in his first tackle football game on Saturday (game pictures would be inserted here). I think he was a little nervous, but he didn't admit to it. He did well! We were very proud of him! He did not play flag football, so this is his first experience. He played guard and stuck with his man pretty well. He is not aggressive, so this is something he has to work on concerning his sports. Dad has been going to practice with him and helping out. I think he really enjoys doing that with Daddy. His team, the Panthers, lost, but they did well for the first game of the season.

We got back from Pittsburgh last Wed. (insert Pennsylvania pictures here). Dan and Beth showed us a FANTASTIC time. We took in 3 ballgames, got to sit in the GM's suite to watch two of those games, and just had a great time with their family. The boys loved being at the ballfield (I did too!!!), and we will look forward to going back to see more sights and stay longer next time!

I am tired and need to get to bed. I haven't gone to bed before midnight any night this week and it's catching up with me. But I'll leave you with some parting words from the argument I was having with my 13 year old tonight while trying to convince him to bring home his football gear (that he's been sweating, running, and practicing in for the last week) to be washed.

"Mom" (while rolling his eyes and shaking his head in disgust at my suggestion of laundering his practice uniform)
"It's practice. No one cares how you smell--"

So there you have it. Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure my last comment went through. I don't see it.
    Anyway - another reading suggestion for boys: don't forget about non-fiction. Trent and Grant both love reading about sharks, tornados, whales, space exploration, monster trucks & any big machine, Ripley's Believe It or Not, sports biographies....Just thoughts to jog your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - since my first comment did not go through....
    I laughed out loud when I read Brad's comment. Keep a running stream of those coming...they are better than the Sunday funnies.
    We LOVE Dan Gutman too. THey are just right for Grant and even Trent likes them even though they are way too easy for him. I hear them laughing in their bunks at night because they are reading a Gutman book.
    How about "graphic novels" (comics)? Grant likes Sponge Bob (lots of rude burping and farting) and Trent likes all the Spiderman and Marvel Junior ones. There are even non-fiction historical comics that are quite cool. I know many people "frown on" comics...but hey - at least they are reading!
    Congrats on your new job at Grace. I bet you are fantastic. God is always so good to provide just what we need when we need it. I started teaching for Trent theater group. I teach beginning voice class to 8-12 year olds. Its not much but, it pays for some of our extra curricular stuff.
    I really really want to do our weekend. What about October? Do you think things will slow up? Do you want me to plan it? Give me some dates and I can book the hotel.
    Love Ya,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete