Saturday, May 2, 2009

beautiful Saturday morning!

It is a beautiful Saturday morning...sun is shining...temps will be mild...I have a sore throat and a sinus headache...GGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Anyone reading this must think we are the sickest bunch you know!! And normally we really aren't, but this year is awful! I used some Zicam this morning and took some Advil Cold and Sinus and hope to be able to get through the day. Brennan is still coughing some, but seems to be improving from his mono, except that he can't play baseball for a few weeks. That is a bummer. One of the side effects of mono is an enlarged spleen, and if he would get hit there, it could burst. So he's benched for a bit. We are SO disappointed about that because he was off to such an awesome start!! The other bad part of that is that another boy in his 2nd grade class was diagnosed with mono at the same time, and he is out of baseball too. He's also on our Pirates team. So we are down two players at the moment and have to borrow a tee baller just to be able to have enough players to play. We were 4-0 until last night. We suffered our first loss. Bren does not do a very good job being a fan instead of playing! I think too much time on his hands is not a good thing. He then messes around and gets into trouble! Ugh...
And on Wednesday when I just got Brennan back to school, Bradley started coughing etc. By Thursday morning he had a low grade fever and was very congested. So my first fear was mono, but after assessing him some more, I thought it was probably another sinus infection. That would be the fourth one since about Christmas. I ran him to the Dr. Thursday afternoon, and sure enough, another sinus infection. So he is on meds again. We set up some allergy testing for him as well since then as this sinus stuff should not continue to happen over and over and over. Something else must be going on there. Bradley also had his first Jr. League game last night. I couldn't get over how big they all looked after watching our little Rookies so much!! Bradley caught for an inning and played shortstop for an inning. He struck out once and hit a nice hit down the first base line, but unfortunately, the 1st baseman made a great catch. His team won easily 11-1. So we spent our evening at the ball field. Today holds a 2:00 game for Bradley in Indianola, a 2:30 game for the Pirates, and Brad is umping a game at 4. Tomorrow Bradley has a 10:45 game for the Cobras, and then he's umping a 1:30 and 3:30 game. Between all that, I am still trying to get the house put back together after the carpet, which has been slow going, and do some general cleaning up. I just found out my neighbor is having a garage sale in 3 weeks, and I am going to try to get rid of some of my "treasures" there! Yippee! Today is National Scrapbooking Day (yes, they really have a day for that!!) and there's lots of fun things going on in my scrap world for that, however I cannot participate in any of that fun with everything else going on.
Maybe I'll post a picture one of these days. I really haven't been taking hardly any pictures lately, which I hate. I'm planning to take the camera to Bradley's ball game today, and since it's nice out, hopefully I'll get a few good ones.
Well I better try to accomplish something. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment