Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A special day today....

9 years ago today this beautiful boy came into this world. Brennan Todd Hydorn- 7 lbs. 6 oz.- 20 inches long. I thought he looked just like his brother did when he was born, but after the first 24 hours he began to take on his own little look. I was thrilled to have a healthy baby, and Bradley was so happy to have a little brother. The only thing that would've made it better for Bradley is if we'd have named him Leon. He was insistent throughout the pregnancy that a little brother should be named Leon. Why??? I have no idea....
After a rough start (colic, milk allergy, post pardum depression for me) we settled into a nice routine, and Brennan was a happy little boy. We loved his blonde hair (no idea where it came from), and bubbly personality. Some of the nicknames we gave him were Peeks and Little Man. Little Man is often what he's called today (and Bradley is Big Guy). Here he is enjoying his cake on his 2nd birthday. He was all about Blues Clues back then!

Daddy and Brennan playing peek a boo! (one of the reasons he got the nickname "Peeks").



Here he is looking cool in his shades and enjoying a ring pop while staying at Nana and Papa's. He got to stay there in the summertime while Mom and Dad went on little vacations. I'm glad he got to spend that time with my mom since she passed away when he was so young. I hope he remembers all of the fun things he did with them.



Brennan on his 5th birthday- he specifically requested a "black cake with black frosting and sprinkles" (ie- chocolate cake and chocolate frosting).



#7- you'll notice a tooth is missing here- he's growing up!!







Brennan loves our cats- he has a tender heart when it comes to them. I have always loved this picture of him and Oreo- Oreo lovin' it???? Um... not so much.




And this shot truly captures Bren. He loves to go to the park and climb and run and swing. That is when he's in his true glory! I can't believe my baby is 9 today. He took offense the other day when I called him my baby. I explained that I wasn't calling him a baby, but that he was my youngest child, and in a mother's eyes, he will always be "my baby." But he is growing up- I've especially noticed it in the last year. He is more self sufficient. He has grown several inches. He is now old enough to participate in camps and summer rec activities. And mom just needs to accept that and celebrate it.
Happy birthday Little Man. Hope your day is GREAT!







2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. Hope you all have a fantastic day celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Bren! Next year you will be DOUBLE DIGITS! Trent will be 10 the end of this summer and I can hardly believe it! Hope you have a great day and fabulous party next on the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! Yippeee!!

    ReplyDelete