Thursday, May 14, 2009

this is what I do these days...



SAFE!!!



Lots of ballgames- but I love every minute of it! I just can't believe how big Bradley looks especially in his baseball stuff- many are surprised when they find out he's only 13. He's officially taller than me- I think he said 5'9" at last measurement.
These last few weeks of school are crazy- I feel like I'm running all the time. I'm so ready for summer to arrive. At least it slows down a little bit then.
Our family just received some sad news this week. Gary's cousin Kyle hung himself on Sunday. We're all in total shock and disbelief. My heart just aches for his parents. No one knew there was anything wrong. He was such a laid back guy. He did leave a note, thankfully. It has not been released by the police yet, so the family hasn't seen it. I truly hope that it will give them some peace. I can't imagine what you could go through to bring you to the point of taking your own life. I have been depressed before, but I never did reach that stage. I know many people do, and I know that those feelings are powerful and real. I just can't fathom how it would feel to be so hopeless to think suicide is the only answer, without taking a gut check to imagine how it will affect your family. Lots of questions are unaswered at this point. Lift up a prayer for the Tomes family if you are a praying person. They need it!
Off for another busy day- but at least the sun is shining today! That always helps!
Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Actually mom, I'm 5'9" and 3/4 in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to rip you off of that extra 3/4 inch Buddy.

    ReplyDelete