Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Little Mother

I just love this picture- Makes me laugh every time I look at it! Little Maizy is "supervising" the piano practice- making sure Brennan plays those notes right!
She is my baby girl. We've always had boy cats- this is the first girl cat I've ever had! She certainly has a mothering personality, which I've never seen. She watches out for everyone in our family, but she is especially partial to me and Brennan. She was so precious last week when I had the flu. She stayed nearby at all times. She wanted to be right next to me when I was sick, and at one point when I was leaning over the toilet emptying my guts (sorry for the graphic picture), I turned around and found her peering in the bathroom door, looking very concerned, as if to say, "Mom, are you alright??" After I'd been sick for about 24 hours, my back was hurting so I stretched out on the floor with the heating pad over my head (I had a throbbing headache). She came right over and ducked her head under the heating pad to check on me to see if I was OK! Too funny! She kept a constant vigil during my flu, but when I was finally up and around, she was so exhausted from keeping tabs on me! I think she slept for a whole day to recover from her "nursing" duties! She likes to mother Oreo, but Oreo doesn't really think he needs mothering! I've tried to use this logic with Gary to get another kitten ("Maizy needs something to mother") but it's not working. Go figure.
I'm just enjoying a minute of peace and quiet here between tutoring and piano lessons. The boys had an early out today, and although it was quite a ruckus here earlier, they are now over at the neighbor's playing. Ahh... silence is golden, someone once said.

No comments:

Post a Comment