Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to the mess

I have been working all day trying to put the house back in order. We had Christmas as a family here at home on Tuesday evening. I made homemade pizza (Gary's request) and then the boys opened gifts. They got a Wii and all the accessories and were quite excited! That was pretty much it for them since that all was quite expensive. Gary and I have not exchanged gifts for the last several years. Instead we usually buy something bigger. Some past purchases have been the video camera, digital camera, etc. This year we bought ourselves good bikes the day after Thanksgiving. We've got a great bike trail from here to Indianola so hopefully we'll get some good use out of them (after the snow melts, which could be awhile). Anyway, we had fun playing Wii that first night. My Wii fitness age was 63 the first time I tried it and I cut it down to 43 today! I was psyched. And I rule at ski ball. I am the top scorer right now (Bradley doesn't like to be beat so I'm sure he'll work on that. I plan to play tennis later. We'll see how that goes! Anyway, with the Wii comes a lot of trash and boxes! We left right away on Wed. morning for the next 4 days to families' homes, so I left the house a wreck! We had fun with Gary's fam and mine. I just love spending time with everyone. When we got back yesterday I had a fabulous nap while my husband caught up on football and the boys were back at the Wii. Today I took all the Christmas stuff down. I am one of those people who can't wait to get the tree up. 3 times out of 4 my tree is up before Thanksgiving, but it's always down before New Year's. After Christmas I am so ready to clean up the mess and get the house back in order. I have all the decorations down and the living room cleaned up. The kitchen still has junk all over and my tutoring room is untouched, but I needed a little break. My back is hurting. I'm getting old! I got some new computer software for organizing pictures and hopefully to do a little digital stuff, so I'm wanting to install that tonight and play with it. Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll get some of my Christmas pictures posted!

Today would have been my mom's birthday. I've been thinking about her a lot today and miss her terribly. She always loved Christmas so much-having all of her kids home and together- it's just not the same without her. And I miss the house- Anyway, I'm feeling a little nostalgic today. I have several pictures and things saved in a box. I have been wanting to put together a scrapbook of mom but just haven't been ready to yet. I'm hoping I can get it done soon.
Enough blabbering for now. I need to get back and work on cleaning up the kitchen. I was hoping the maid would come while I was gone, but she apparently didn't get that memo!
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment