Sunday, December 7, 2008

A good reminder

Our pastor gave a great message at church this morning. It was a wonderful reminder to keep Christ in Christmas and not get so "wrapped" (pardon the pun) up in all of the presents, baking, etc. It really hit me as I have a tendency to want to do, do, do, during this time of year instead of reflect, remember, and rejoice. I want to be intentional about talking with my boys about what this season is really about, not about what we've turned it into. Pastor Phil said this quote, and it has stuck with me all day. I hope that you will let it sink into your hearts, too, so that Christ remains the focal point of this beautiful season.

"During this special time of year, don't let the only begotten Son of God become the only forgotten Son of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment