Monday, September 27, 2010

mocha frappe to die for

I sat down to blog a different story, but for some reason I cannot upload any pictures at the moment. And I definitely need those pictures to tell the story... so what to blog about that doesn't require a picture?  How about the AMAZING mocha frappe recipe I came across this morning that I am now absolutely in love with?

I have gradually come to enjoy coffee- I am still not able to drink it totally black. In fact, I am far from that. But I do like it loaded with sugar and combined with chocolate!!! I am a big fan of McDonalds mocha frappes. Not a big fan of the calorie count!  How can I get my chocolate fix without buying bigger pants???

I have been making smoothies and frappes at home for awhile now. In fact I just bought a nice blendeer with a great ice crusher. Yes, this is serious business for me. I test them out on my children, and I, of course, have my share as well.  We even have special frappe cups to drink them in (because the look and feel of the cup in your hands is important too!). Brennan has a milk allergy so his are made with soy milk. I have tried different recipes, but still hadn't captured the texture and the right consistency...until this morning.

I came across this recipe. Oh my, it is divine!! And light!!!! One serving only has 130 calories (however mine probably has more as I was liberal with my syrup!!) Will my pants continue to fit as I feast on these bad boys each day? And oh the possibilities to change things up a bit! Peppermint syrup with Andes mints on the whipped cream? White chocolate syrup? French vanilla coffee? Pumpkin spice?  I'n in love. Give it a try and let me know what ya think!

Mocha Frappe


1 cup of cooled coffee
2 T sugar
1 T milk (I used 1%)
Combine these ingredients and fill in an ice cube tray. Freeze.


Place frozen coffee cubes in blender along with a little over a cup of milk, 2 T chocolate syrup (I added more and it was yummy!) and blend! Top with whipped cream if you'd like.

2 comments:

  1. I think the best thing is how easy this is! I am totally on this tomorrow morning. We always have whole milk around for Darci, but I LOVE soy milk, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you goofy girl. That's NOT coffee. Good gravy - it has more milk in it than coffee! Thats a smoothie with coffee flavoring for fun!
    Okay, now that I'm done teasing you, I too love McD's Mocha Frappe's but the the calorie/fat count is just too high. I'll have to try your recipie. I make a strong half pot every morning just for me, so I should have enough to put in ice-cube trays.
    Now, next mission: find a good HOT mocha recipe for winter.
    Thanks,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete