Friday, May 21, 2010

"David's favorite shortcake"

This is the title of my recipe card-  "David's favorite shortcake" written in my mom's handwriting. This is the only shortcake my mom ever made while I was growing up and the only one I ever make to this day! My brother Dave loves it especially, hence the name on the card!  Since it is strawberry season, I'm sure most of you are buying as many cheap strawberries as I am these days!  I made this shortcake last weekend for an appreciation event I was in charge of and thought I'd share it with you. It's super easy, doesn't require many ingredients, and has a wonderful consistency.  Hope you enjoy!
3/4 cup softened stick margarine
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
Mix together with fork into crumb mixture. Set aside 1 cup of this.
To remaining crumb mixture, add 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix well. Pour into a 9x13 pan sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour or until it springs back in the center.

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds yummy!
    I keep buying strawberries, but my little ones are eating them so fast I can't get aything actually "made" out of them!

    ReplyDelete