Monday, May 10, 2010

Busy and Out of Control

This will be a quick post to let you know that I'm still alive! I have lots to tell you, but little spare time these days! Last week was a whirlwind and this week seems to be out of control as well. I'm hoping things will slow down soon?????

Here's just a little recap of our latest events...
  1. Bradley finished up his track season last week- we've been going to about 2 track meets per week for the last 4 or 5 weeks. He has been running in the sprint medley, 4x8, 4x2, 4x1, and doing high jump (all of these not on the same nights of course). Their 4x8 team won at several meets, one of their teams (forgot which event) set a school record, and his personal highlight was jumping 5'2" at conference to place 2nd overall and set his personal best record! He was quite excited. Now he gets one day of rest before Jr. High baseball practice starts tomorrow. He's also in the middle of spring league baseball and Jr. League baseball so we're running to ballgames about 3 or 4 times per week.
  2. Brennan is playing baseball as well.  He's had several games rained out lately, and this week is looking pretty wet again. It's pouring as I write this. Brennan is working on finishing his AWANA book for the year, and getting ready for a piano recital in a month. He has been spending a lot of time with his best friend and got to stay the night with him the other night.
  3. Gary went to the Dr. with a case of what looked like a spreading rash and found out he had poison ivy! Not quite sure where that came from! So he's on prednisone and has a creme for relief. He also took his 2nd CPA test last Thursday. We won't find out if he passed or not for another 4 or 5 weeks. He feels better about this one than the last one though (we did find out he didn't pass his first one so that will have to be retaken). So in between all this other running, he is still trying to get his studying accomplished.
  4. We have a "sale pending" sign on our house and are anxiously waiting for the "SOLD" sign to go up! Just waiting for the appraisal. We spent last week at meetings and choosing things for our new house- we are definitely building! Our plans and specs meeting is tomorrow and then they will start digging! We are very excited, and although we know this process may have valleys, we are confident in our decision. Our house will probably be done in early September so the big challenge now is finding temporary housing for a couple of months over the summer. Ugh. Still working on that.
  5. Tutoring for me has been crazy busy- trying to schedule around baseball games and track meets has left me working until 9 PM on all of the free nights I have. Plus I have a couple of extra kids helping them make it through the end of the year so time is even more scarce. I've also been subbing a lot more recently as teachers take their personal days, etc. this time of year.
  6. I'm on a curriculum deadline for my children's ministry job. We are doing Answers in Genesis curriculum this summer and I am getting it all put together and worked through. It has been a bigger job than I anticipated so I am not nearly as far with it as I had hoped to be by this point.
  7. This house is a wreck!! After having to keep it clean for almost 8 months while it was on the market, I've let it go to the dogs- never being home and being busy hasn't helped matters either.
  8. So, this is why I haven't blogged for awhile. Hoping I'll get back soon when life settles down a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment